Want to give your valentine a thoughtful, homemade gift? Or maybe you agreed that you wouldn’t spend anything this holiday? Here’s the perfect gift – love coupons! These little handmade giftcards give your valentine everything from a weekend away to a dinner and a movie. And the best part? They will love that you made it! Scroll down for step-by-step instructions.
1. You will need: love coupons printed on cardstock, x-acto knife and straight edge (or scissors), gluestick or liquid glue, 8 A2 envelopes in any color, and about a yard of ribbon or string. Note: the coupons are a scalable PDF file, so if you don’t have A2 envelopes, adjust the size of the document in your print settings to accommodate the envelopes. If you print it at 100%, it will make 4 – 4.25″ x 5.5″ coupon cards. If you have any questions about this, just comment this post.
2. Once the coupons are printed, cut them out.
3. Glue the inside top flap of one envelope.
4. Place another envelope on top of the glued flap. Press firmly to adhere them together.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until all the envelopes are glued together.
6. Once completed, you will have a chain on envelopes, similar to an accordion style book. Place the love coupons inside, fold like an accordion, and tie with ribbon or string. For a cute finishing touch, add a little gift tag to the “package.” Happy Heart Day!