DIY Gold Leaf Heart Art
January 30, 2014
Getting back into the swing of things has been tough post Alt Summit. Anyone else having trouble getting back into your routine? Today I’m sharing a new video where I show you how to make simple art for your home using an old frame and some gold leaf. This was so easy to make (and affordable too) that it would be a fun gift for a friends birthday or even for your girlfriend’s for galantine’s day. I mean, who doesn’t want a little sparkle in their home?
- Frame, any size (mine is 8″ x 10″)
- Spray paint primer
- Spray paint, in any color you want
- Cardstock, any color, cut to the size of your frame
- Heart template, printed and cut out on cardstock
- 2 sheets of gold leaf (you may need more if you’re making a larger heart)
- Gold leaf adhesive size
- Angled paint brush, for applying the gold leaf
- Large, soft brush for removing the gold leaf
Check out my other simple DIY videos over on my YouTube channel.