Happy Friday! If you’re looking for a fun weekend project how about making a gold sunburst mirror for your home? This DIY project was pretty easy to make and costs less than $40!
I’ve always loved mid-century modern gold sunburst mirrors but hated the thought of paying more than $100 for one. So I decided to make my own using a mirror I got at Hobby Lobby for $10 (it was 50% off at the time) and some wooden dowels. Check out the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own sunburst mirror.
Create your own mid-century modern gold sunburst mirror using a cheap store bought mirror and a few supplies!
– Metallic gold spray paint, I like the Valspar
– 10″ round mirror, I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $10
– Hot glue gun and glue sticks
– Mirror template
– Miter saw, I have a Makita and it’s great!
– 28, 1/4″ x 36″ dowels cut into the following sizes:
• 16 – 18″ pieces
• 16 – 15″ pieces
• 16 – 12″ pieces
• 16 – 9″ pieces
Looking for more DIY weekend projects? Check out all my past DIY projects here.