The 4th of July is right around the corner. Which is a good thing because I always feel like summer hasn’t officially started until the 4th. If you’re like me, you’re looking forward to a delicious bbq and lighting sparklers. Yet every 4th of July celebration isn’t complete without a delicious (and Patriotic!) dessert, right? I’ve created these oh-s0-easy to make no-bake cheesecake cups that your entire family will enjoy. My secret ingredient is swapping traditional graham cracker crust for a yummy Pocky crust! Just crush up some Strawberry Pocky and mix with melted butter to create a crust that is not only pretty but so tasty too.
Each cheesecake cup is topped with fresh strawberries, which you can find in season at many farmer’s markets this time of year. To make them even more festive, I created Pocky sparklers by heating up Pocky sticks in the microwave and covering them with assorted sprinkles. They make the perfect finishing touch of this 4th of July dessert.
Watch the video below to see how easy they are to make!
No Bake Strawberry Pocky Cheesecake Cups
Makes 4 individual servings
3 boxes (2.47 oz) of Strawberry Pocky
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
2 blocks (8 oz.) of cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Place two packages of Strawberry Pocky in a gallon size zip top bag. Seal the bag and crush the sticks into a crumbs using the flat side of a meat mallet or a hammer. (Place a dishtowel under the bag to protect your countertops). Once it resembles fine crumbs, pour the crumbs into a bowl and add the 1/4 cup melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Even distribute the crushed Pocky into 4 small serving dishes. Use your fingers to gently press the mixture into a flat crust.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand), combine the 2 packages of softened cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Stir until the liquid is mosly absorbed (so you don’t splash it all over) the turn the mixer up to medium. Blend until creamy and slightly fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a pastry bag and use scissors to snip off the end. It’s easiest to do this by placing the bag in a bowl and wrapping the top edge of the bag around the rim of the bowl or cup. You can also place the mixture in a large zip top bag for this step.
- Use a circular motion to pipe the cream cheese mixture into the small serving dishes. Place them in the fridge for at least an hour to chill. Just before serving, top each cheesecake dish with sliced fresh strawberries. Garnish with a couple Strawberry Pocky sticks and enjoy!
- Arrange Pocky sticks on a microwave safe plate so they are not touching. Microwave for 40 seconds or until the chocolate is just beginning to melt.
- While the chocolate is warm, sprinkle star sprinkles or colored nonpareils all over the Pocky. Place the decorated Pocky in the refrigerator for a couple minutes so the chocolate can harden. Use them to garnish the cheesecake cups or just enjoy them on their own.
Do you love Pocky too? Check out my summery Pocky ice cream recipe here!
Shop for supplies