Whenever you’re with your besties it may seem like a holiday but did you know there’s an actual holiday dedicated to best friends? Yep, that’s right—June 8th is National Best Friends Day and it’s the perfect time to let your BFFs know just how much you appreciate their friendship!
I’ve partnered with RITZ Crackers to create 4 super easy snack recipes that are based on classic food combinations. Because you and your friends go together like peas and carrots—or like easy entertaining recipes and RITZ Crackers.
As a little girl, I remember visiting my grandmother and chatting up a storm while she unwrapped RITZ Crackers. I of course would quickly eat them while my grandmother meticulously removed a half dozen from the sleeve and placed them in a row before eating them. Now, whenever I eat RITZ Crackers, I’m always reminded of my grandmother and of our friendship.
The buttery flavor of the RITZ Crackers make the perfect base for both sweet and savory snacks. So whether your friendship is more like peaches and cream or tomato soup and grilled cheese I’ve got a simple recipe below for you and your friends.
Herbed pea & carrot bites
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 bag (16 oz.) of frozen peas, 2 cloves of peeled garlic, ½ cup parsley leaves, 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil and cook until peas are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain the cooked peas and transfer the mixture to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the peas are mashed. Add 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped chives, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pulse again until the mixture is smooth. Refrigerate the herbed pea mixture until ready to serve.
- Top RITZ Crackers each with 1 teaspoon of the herbed pea mixture and garnish with carrot matchsticks.
Roasted Tomato Jam & Sharped Cheddar Bites
- In a medium mixing bowl combine 1 pound halved grape tomatoes, ¼ teaspoon coarse salt, ¼ teaspoon sugar, ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and ½ tablespoon garlic olive oil. Toss to combine the coat the tomatoes with the dressing mixture.
- Line a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with aluminum foil. Place the tomato mixture in the foil lined dish and bake covered with foil at 350° F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and roast another 30 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tomato mixture and place the tomatoes (without the liquid) in a food processor. Add ¼ cup parsley leaves and ½ tablespoon garlic olive oil. Pulse until the mixture is blended. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature. Just before serving top RITZ Crackers with a teaspoon of the roasted tomato jam and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese.
Peach & Sweet Cream Bites
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl combine 1 package (8 oz.) softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and ½ cup powdered sugar. Blend until the sugar is dissolved.
- Top RITZ Crackers with a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and a peach slice. Enjoy immediately.
Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Bites
- Top a RITZ Cracker with a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter. Place another RITZ Cracker on top to create a mini sandwich.
- Melt fondue dark chocolate according to the directions on the package. Dip one half of the mini peanut butter sandwiches in the melted dark chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with a non-stick silicone baking mat. Place the entire tray in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
Whether you prefer sweet or savory, you and your best friends will enjoy making (and of course eating) these tasty snacks!
I know you’ve got the stuff to make a fun RITZ snack, comment below and tell me what you would make for your best friends! And check out the new Ritz “You’ve got the Stuff” commercial here!