DIY St. Patrick’s Day Cups
Tomorrow is March (already!) and this month is going to be a holiday packed month. To get a head start on holiday crafting, today I’m sharing a super easy tutorial for making your own decorative drinking glasses. A little over a year ago the Mr. got me a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas. I had been eyeing one for quite sometime after seeing Melissa post all the lovely things she was creating with hers. Now that I have one I’m absolutely hooked and have been creating paper, vinyl and fabric die-cut things. There’s just about one project that I used my Silhouette on in every room of our house.
I filled my St. Patrick’s day cups with tangerine Italian soda. Just fill up a glass with ice, pour some of your favorite Italian soda (I love the Whole Food’s brand), top with a splash of cream, then finish with a spritz of whipped cream. So delicious and refreshing!
1. Create your design using the Silhouette software and load the adhesive vinyl.
2. Let the Silhouette do it’s thing!
3. Peel away the negative space (the part that is the background).
4. Apply the transfer paper on top of the design, with the sticky side of the transfer paper down.
5. Cut the the transfer paper after you’ve covered a little bit past your design.
6. Use a squeegee to press the design onto the transfer paper.
7. Cut each design into an individual sticker.
8. Carefully apply the sticker onto the glass (make sure it’s clean and dust free) and use your fingers to smooth out any air bubbles.
9. Carefully peel away the transfer tape.