Crafting Party Supplies with Tuesday Morning
Crafting, I still love you.
Since becoming a mom 8 months ago, I’ve rediscovered my love of crafting. I’ve always been a maker for as long as I can remember but since June arrived my making has been on hold. Now I feel like I’m slowly crawling out of the newborn fog (and my freshly minted mom-brain) and I’m discovering a newfound love for crafting. It’s the hands on creating, experimenting and making that I love—and that I missed doing!
Since it had been what feels like forever since I did any craft supply shopping, I recently visited my local Tuesday Morning store to stock up on some new supplies. If you’re not familiar with the store, they offer a diverse selection of merchandise (everything from home goods, cookware, craft supplies, toys and more) from quality brands at very affordable prices. The frequently refreshed inventory is 20-60% department store prices which equates to more craft supplies for your hard-earned dollars spent!
And since the inventory in Tuesday Morning stores is rapidly changing, each visit is like a new adventure. This time I spotted gorgeous Maggie Holmes for American Crafts 12″ x 12″ cardstock pads and I knew I had to get them. I mean, just look how good that pink and green marbled paper is! Each paper pad was only $6.99 (compare estimated value at $14.99) and has 48 colorful sheets of patterned cardstock.
I also discovered a new-to-me tool by We R Memory Keepers. I know they make clever scrapbooking products but this DIY Party Board is just so darn clever! It’s a paper trimmer but with curved guides for cutting everything from party hats to ice cream cone wraps and was only $11.99 (compare estimated value at $24.99).
Combined, both items inspired me to create my own party decor for June’s birthday. I continued to see what other items I might find to help me DIY some party supplies and my complete haul is listed below.
my tuesday morning haul
- We R Memory Keepers DIY Party Board, $11.99 (compare estimated value at $24.99).
- Maggie Holmes 12″ x 12″ paper pads, $6.99 (compare estimated value at $14.99).
- White alphabet stickers, $1.99 (compare estimated value at $5.99).
- Kraft paper envelopes, $1.99 (compare estimated value at $4.99).
- 12″ x 18″ cutting mat, $9.99 (compare estimated value at $19.99).
- Paint brush set with rainbow handles, $9.99 (compare estimated value at $19.99).
- Pale mint colored yarn, $4.99 (compare estimated value at $10.00).
- Bright coral colored yarn, $3.99 (compare estimated value at $8.00).
- Mint colored washi tape, $1.99 (compare estimated value at $3.99).
- Pink and gold bobby pins, $2.19 (compare estimated value at $4.99).
- Floral silkscreen stencil, $2.99 (compare estimated value at $7.99).
- White shimmery silkscreen ink, $1.99 (compare estimated value at $6.99).
I used the geometric patterned cardstock to create wraps for mini cupcakes. It’s such an easy way to dress up store-bought cupcakes. Add fancy sprinkles and you got one of my favorite party hacks.
I found these kraft paper envelopes with string security seals on them and I thought they were just so cute I had to get them. I love things (especially paper goods) with small details on them! They would make adorable party favor bags so I used the dimensional alphabet stickers I also found it easily personalize them.
What craft project would you love to create? Head over to your local Tuesday Morning store to discover unique items that might just inspired your next project!
Great deals & craft supplies, perfect for making the cutest party decor!
Find your local store: http://bit.ly/findatmstore
Posted by Sarah Hearts on Monday, February 25, 2019