DIY Valentine’s Day Heart Dog Scarf
I’ve never been one to dress up my dog. Maybe it’s because I’ve always had larger dogs but I feel like it’s more for tiny fit-in-your-purse-breeds. I am a fan of cute collars and harnesses however. And you can ask Kevin (ok, maybe don’t) because I know I probably buy way too many of them. So my solution, keep a cute collar on your pup and then make them a festive scarf for the holidays.
Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner (less than a month!) and I always want an excuse to put hearts all over something, I’ve created this super easy to make, no-sew pet scarf. It comes together in minutes and it affordable to make so get crafting and make them of your pup and all their dog park friends.
DIY No-Sew Dog Scarf
- Use pinking shears to cut the felt into a rectangle. Bring the short sides together to fold it in half. Cut parallel to the long side and then about 2/3 of the way down pivot 45 degrees and cut a triangle.
- Cut out several small heart shapes using regular scissors.
- Place them on the scarf with the clear plastic side up.
- Place the scrap of fabric on top and press with a warm iron for about 45 seconds (I recommend doing this on an ironing board or mat).
- Remove the cloth and carefully peel away the clear plastic backing.
- Repeat this and add as many hearts as you like. Let it cool completely and then you can tie it around you dog’s neck.
These are approximate sizes. You may need to scale up or down according to the size of your pet.
Small dog: 25” x 5″
Medium dog: 30” x 8″
Large dog: 35” x 12″