Let’s take a break from all the fall DIY projects and recipes, ok? I’m excited to share a fun kid-friendly treat that everyone will love. Chocolate Pocky dirt cups topped with Matcha Pocky candy flowers! It’s made from layers of yummy chocolate mouse and crunchy Chocolate Pocky. This recipe is perfect for an after-school treat or birthday party but adults will want to indulge in it too. And the best part is that it’s way easier to make than you might think!
Watch the video below to see how they are made and keep reading for the full recipe.
The kinda dirt you don’t mind digging into!
Posted by Sarah Hearts on Monday, November 6, 2017
Individual Layered Pocky Chocolate Mousse Dirt Cups
for the flower pops
for the chocolate mousse
1 box chocolate instant pudding mix
1½ cups 2% milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make the Matcha Pocky flowers. Fill a disposable pastry bag one-third of the way full with colored candy melts. Place the bag in the microwave and heat for 1 minute at 50% power. Kneed the bag of candy melts with your hands and continue heating at 50% power in 30 second increments until full melted.
- Pipe a small amount of one color (I used white speckled candy melts) in the center of each flower. Set aside and allow it to set for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the other candy melt colors.
- Fill each flower mold half way. Once they are all full, lift the plastic mold and gently tap it on the counter/table a few times until all the air bubbles have settled. Place the cookie end of the Matcha Pocky inside each mold (where there’s a groove for a lollipop stick). Gently rotate the Pocky stick so it’s full covered in the candy melt. Repeat with the other flower molds and then top off each one with more of the melted candy. Place the completed candy mold in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow them to harden.
- Make the chocolate mousse. In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to the whisk together the instant pudding mix and 2% milk until it’s a thick, pudding-like consistency.
- In a separate large bowl use a hand or stand mixer with the whisk attachments to beat the heaving cream until stiff peaks form. Use a spatula to fold the chocolate pudding mixture into the whipped cream. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place __ Chocolate Pocky in a large cup top bag. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to crush the cookies into medium-sized crumbs.
- Fill each plastic pudding cup half way full with the chilled chocolate mousse. Top with a thin layer for crushed Chocolate Pocky. Add a second layer of chocolate mousse and finish with a final layer of crushed Chocolate Pocky. Place the Matcha Pocky candy flowers inside and you’re ready to serve the fun dirt cups!
Shop For Supplies