DIY Kitchen Update Ideas
It’s official. We’re going to update our kitchen.
After getting quotes on a full kitchen remodel we’ve decided to go the budget friendly route and give our 1967 kitchen a few (ok, maybe a lot of) DIY updates. If you’ve checked out our house tour, you may remember that we have a tiny galley kitchen with the original cabinets and dark blue formica countertops. When we first moved in, we immediately updated the fridge and the dishwasher with bright, shinny stainless appliances. But the other side of the kitchen has a very old cooktop and a wall oven. After considering an entire remodel, we decided the biggest feature we wanted was a new double oven because I cook so much and our current oven doesn’t heat consistently or have a self-cleaner…or timer for that matter.
So here’s what will be on our DIY list:
– Swapping the super old wall oven for a slide-in range
– Painting all the original cabinets bright white
– Covering the blue formica with concrete
– Removing the tiled backslash and patching the drywall or adding white subway tile
– Installing a new sink and faucet
– Installing new lighting
– Adding new hardware to the drawers and cabinets
– Painting the ceiling and walls
Whew, I’m already exhausted just after typing that! I foresee lots of take-out and late nights DIYing in the near future.
1. DIY concrete countertops | 2. Westwood residence kitchen | 3. Open shelving created by removing cabinet doors | 4. Moen Arbor pulldown faucet | 5. Kohler Riverby single bowl top mount sink | 6. Samsung Flex Duo slide in range | 7. Gorgeous kitchen update